OMNOVA Solutions is a leading designer and manufacturer of decorative laminates and performance coated fabrics used in healthcare environments and furnishings. A stringent program of frequent cleaning and disinfecting has been shown to reduce the risk of hospital acquired infections. Our deep experience is coatings and material science are evident in our offering of engineered surfaces that can be safely cleaned and disinfected with many of the leading chemicals recommended by the Center for Disease Control.
Our surf(x) 3D Laminates have developed a strong reputation in healthcare environments due to their durability and dimensional flexibility. surf(x) 3D Laminates can be membrane-pressed or vacuum-formed, eliminating the need for T-molding, edgebanding and visible seams. A seamless design may help mitigate potential contaminants and can simplify cleaning.
OMNOVA’s Boltaflex coated fabrics, protected with the industry-leading PreFixx protective finish, feature unparalleled resistance to staining, abrasion, scuffing and burnishing as demonstrated in repeated laboratory field tests. The superior stain resistance and improved wear properties help keep PreFixx protected products looking new longer than most other vinyl upholstery.
The OMNOVA Laminate Advantage
- Chemical resistant products that can be cleaned and disinfected without discoloring or damaging the finish
- Membrane pressable products for seamless designs eliminating sharp edges and entry point for bacteria
- Broad design range including realistic woodgrains and stones
- Extensive Stock offering
surf(x) 3D Laminates - The Premier Surfacing Option
- Enable furnishings such as cabinet fronts, work surfaces and over-the-bed tables to be produced without seams; seamless design may help mitigate potential contaminants and simplify cleaning
- Highly durable and impact and stain-resistant
- Membrane pressable products for seamless designs
- Surfaces can be cleaned and disinfected with leading chemicals without worry about damage to color or finish when recommended cleaning instructions are followed
- Operatory cabinetry
- Patient furnishings, including head wall, over-the-bed tables and dressers
- Waiting room furnishings
- Nurses' stations for both cabinetry and work surfaces
PreFixx Protection for Performance
- Industry's best-in-class for performance, durability and easy maintenance.
- Superior stain resistance and improved wear-properties help keep PreFixx protected products looking new far longer than most other vinyl upholstery.
- State-of-the-art resistance to staining, abrasion, scuffing, burnishing and blocking have been demonstrated in repeated laboratory and field tests.
- Easily maintained. Simple stains like dirt and smudges simply wipe off. Many difficult stains like ballpoint ink can be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol.
- Boltaflex products featuring PreFixx have been engineered for chemical resistance to stains from many common disinfecting agents used in healthcare environments. Many leading cleaners and disinfectants can be safely used without risk of discoloration or damage to the upholstery when the recommended cleaning instructions are followed.
- Exam tables and stools
- Hospital sleeper chairs
- Patient and dental seating
- Treatment chairs
- Waiting room and public seating