California (AB-2998) and Maryland’s (SB447) flame retardant (FR) legislation prohibits manufacturers from selling or distributing upholstered furniture that contains flame retardant chemicals at levels above 1,000 parts per million.
We currently have 13 in-stock products that comply with AB2998 & SB447 and meet the standard flame requirements outlined in CAL 117-2013 Section 1, UFAC Class 1, BIFMA Class A and NFPA 260 Class 1. Each product comes in a variety of colorways.
We offer non-FR Boltaflex coated fabrics for contract, including:
- Verde: Eco-Preferred fabric featuring 58 colorways with a solid leather like emboss*
- Aerial: Eco-Preferred fabric featuring 12 colorways with meditative and connected pattern*
- Melange: Eco-Preferred fabric featuring 16 colorways inspired by mid-century craft techniques and fibers*
- Levante: Contains no FR and features 11 colorways with a classic leather-like emboss*
- Silken: Contains no FR and features 9 colorways with a metallic look on subtle fabric-like emboss*
We offer non-FR Nautolex coated fabrics for marine and any upholstery application, including:
- Capitano: Featuring a realistic leather grain, it offers the perfect balance of value and durability
- Cetacea: Designed to withstand the rigor of harsh marine environments*
- Elysee: Versatile for a broad range of applications from contract interior seating to marine upholstery and other harsh outdoor environments*
- Mariner: Performance vinyl with a light leather grain and feel for marine seating and outdoor applications*
- SofDura: Designed to withstand the rigor of harsh marine environments*
- SofDura 26: Designed to withstand the rigor of harsh marine environments at competitive pricing*
- Tidal Wave: Offers unmatched pink-staining resistance by creating a barrier below the vinyl surface to prevent pink discoloration of marine vinyl upholstery caused by microorganisms that may grow inside marine seat cushions. Available in four popular, bright white textures*
- Voyager: Designed to withstand the rigor of harsh marine environments*
To further meet the needs of our customers, we will offer best-selling colors of our most popular products without FR by the end of Q1 2020. NFR is available on many colors of the following products:
- Colorguard NFR*
- Grand Sierra NFR*
- Vista NFR*
- Weave NFR*
These four new products will pass CAL 117-2013 Section 1, UFAC Class 1, BIFMA Class A and NFPA 260 Class 1 to meet all standard upholstery requirements.
Please contact Customer Care at 800-457-9900 or through our Contact Us page to order samples or obtain more information.
*Contains industry-leading Prefixx protective finish.