The requirements for upholstery used in healthcare settings are different than in other environments. Color contributes not only to the aesthetics but also to the patient’s healing and comfort. Appropriate textures may reduce the accumulation of bacteria and grime. Known for its wide design range and durability, OMNOVA’s Boltaflex upholstery has been successfully used in a broad assortment of healthcare environments.
Relevant Upholstery Designs
OMNOVA’s Boltaflex coated fabrics, protected with the industry-leading PreFixx protective finish, feature unparalleled resistance to staining, abrasion, scuffing and burnishing as demonstrated in repeated laboratory field tests. The superior stain resistance and improved wear properties help keep PreFixx protected products looking new longer than most other vinyl upholstery. Most importantly,
protected upholstery can be safely cleaned and disinfected with many popular disinfectants, helping to reduce the incidence of Healthcare Acquired Infections (HAIs).
- Exam tables and stools
- Hospital sleeper chairs
- Patient and dental seating
- Treatment chairs
- Waiting room and public seating
- Vinyl coated fabrics are engineered for long term durability. Available in both expanded and non-expanded constructions. Expanded constructions feature a foamed or sponged inner layer resulting in a softer touch. Non-expanded constructions have a solid construction and are the most durable of all vinyl upholsteries.
- Polyurethane coated fabrics feature a foamed or sponged inner layer and are the softest of synthetic upholsteries.
PreFixx Protection for Performance
- Industry's best-in-class for performance, durability and easy maintenance.
- Superior stain resistance and improved wear-properties help keep PreFixx protected products looking new far longer than most other vinyl upholstery.
- State-of-the-art resistance to staining, abrasion, scuffing, burnishing and blocking have been demonstrated in repeated laboratory and field tests.
- Easily maintained. Simple stains like dirt and smudges simply wipe off. Many difficult stains like ballpoint ink can be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol.
- Boltaflex products featuring PreFixx have been engineered for chemical resistance to stains from many common disinfecting agents used in healthcare environments. Many leading cleaners and disinfectants can be safely used without risk of discoloration or damage to the upholstery when the recommended cleaning instructions are followed.