Today’s retailers are focused on the creation of rememberable, branded aesthetics while also wanting to reduce their maintenance costs. Fixture manufacturers are looking for ways to improve efficiencies and gain a competitive edge. High Pressure Laminates have left both retailers and fixture manufacturers wanting more. They chip, crack and are inconsistent with the brand image retailers are looking for. OMNOVA has made its mark delivering alternative surfacing solutions that not only cost less but offer enhanced aesthetics and longer life.
Relevant Laminates Designs
From Kohl’s to Ann Taylor to Swarovski, leading retailers are changing up their standards and are employing OMNOVA’s Laminates in the fabrication of branded retail environments. OMNOVA’s Laminates are durable and contribute to long-lasting fixtures that look great not only when they are installed but also for many years thereafter. OMNOVA designs and manufactures a wide range of decorative laminates from cost-effective Paper Laminates to high performance surf(x) 3D Laminates, enabling customers to value engineer retail fixtures.
Increasingly, retailers and fixture manufacturers are learning about the cost and aesthetic benefits of miter folding. The miter folding manufacturing process involves making a V cut into Particleboard or MDF that has been flat laminated with OMNOVA’s Laminates – the V cut creates a hinge for the product to be folded and manufactured at a cost 30-50% lower than traditional manufacturing. Other benefits include clean aesthetics - no brown lines or exposed edges.
- Expertise in material science to deliver critical performance and aesthetics
- Full range of constructions from affordable Paper Laminates to high performance surf(x) 3D Laminates
- Broad range of designs from realistic woodgrains to abstracts and solid colors
- harmony Program allows fixture manufacturers to value-engineer their products by selecting and paying only for the performance level required for the different surfaces (horizontal, vertical, high use, low use, etc.) on a single component -- with all component surfaces printed with the same perfectly matched design
surf(x) 3D Laminates
- Offer flexibility in design and engineering
- Unlike HPL, you can incorporate contours and curves into the design
- Enhanced surface durability – chip and impact resistant
- Retail applications - countertops, fixtures, kiosks and seating
Miter Folding with surf(x) Miterfoldable Laminates
- A smart approach to fabrication and assemble of store fixtures
- Clean and modern look – no brown lines or exposed edges
- Less time to fabricate and assemble
- 30% lower acquisition cost vs HPL
- 30-50% lower reported maintenance costs